Anglican Diocese of West-Tanganyika, Kasulu, Tanzania
The first missionaries from the Neukirchener Missioin arrived in Shunga in 1928. At this time, the diocese still formed part of the Anglican Central Tanzanian diocese. They began to preach the gospel and provide medical care. Later, they opened the children’s home to look after babies whose mothers had died during childbirth. Over the years, many Europeans have to work in Matyazo, Shunga, Kasulu and Kigoma. Having been requested to do so by the church leadership, we now support staff training programmes and provide medical care.